Monday, August 29, 2011

An Exclusive Interview - Sergio Sanders Tells Us "This Is How It Is Done" !



When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

I wanted to be a Writer since I was in high school. My Best Friend, Savonne W. wrote Me a poem our freshman year in science class, lol. I wrote her one back and She told Me how Lovely it was. I never put the Pen down after that. She help blow the top of My Inner Creativity and to her I am forever grateful. But My Granny told Me I would be a Poet, when I was ten years old. Granny was connected deep in the Spiritual Realm and she knew where I was headed way before felt the Spark. I really can’t contain these Words; it trips me out sometimes. They Swim around Me and I have to Deliver them to the World, or I’ll feel sick. For real. 


How long does it take you to write a book?



I Am always writing and I just collect My little writings I would do during class or any of the many random moments the Words come to Me and I would put them in Word Doc format. Send it to the Publishers and it would take about five weeks for it all to be in a physical bounded book format. I am currently working on my 3rd book right now. It will be out in November 2011. 


What is your work schedule like when you're writing? 



I work at this group home facility for traumatized boys and girls, so I would work two days a week there and my classes were spread throughout the week. But Writing isn’t something I “schedule”. It really is Me. It’s embedded in the Fabric of My DNA; it’s all in My Skin. When I speak, I Am in a sense “writing”, so when something sounds tight as I talk to someone, I’ll write it down or make it as my status on Facebook or tweet it on Twitter. This is part of My Purpose, so writing isn’t something I have to schedule around. It’s Me. I Am It. But there have been PLENTY of times where I would stay up 2 or 3AM reading over the drafts of the books and working on new stuff. So school took its toll, but I made it through. I did it for God. I did it for Me. I did it for the World. 



How do books get published?


I went to Xlibris, it’s a self-publishing company. Once you have it in digital format with Word Doc, they turn it into a book layout. You send them the picture you want or have them create a cover page and back page. It is really easy. They are your team and don’t move forward until you tell them to. Call them and they make it very laid back and easy. The packages they offer allow you to have your books on all the major online book stores. 


Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?


This is a very funny and interesting question I must say… lol. I have never been asked this question before. Where do I get the Material to Write Books? Lol. The Ideas comes from the Invisible Infinite Intelligence of the Spiritual Realm. God always uses His Creations to LIGHT UP THE WORLD!™ Consciousness comes in many Levels and as We tap into the Inner Self, We open Our Minds to the Wisdom, Dreams and Love that God has available for all. As I seek the Kingdom, He bestows to Me more Words to Broadcast to the World. These Words I Speak are of things that I never experienced, so I know that it does not come purely from Me; I Am only a Human “SpeakerBox”, Planting Seeds of Motivation, Inspiration and Spark to the World. Ideas come to Me all day, every day, no lie. I used to get headaches with the Wisdom that would flood My Mind. This all happened about three years ago when It first started to hit Me. I would have to get in a fetal position and rock myself, tearing up Praying because that was all I could do. I could not stop its flow. I would call My Mom and Nana telling them how I could not stop these Words and I needed Their help to make it stop because it was getting too much. Then after a while I realized these Words would never leave Me and the sooner I befriended the Wisdom and Words the sooner I would not have headaches and move forward. The more I held the Words in, the worst it got, so I made a Vow to Myself to deliver the Words that God puts on My Heart until the day I die. I feel the Words of LIGHT leaking out of My Pores and it gets into the Soil of People’s Mind. I love to see the Glow in the Eyes of those who allows the Words I give to them, from God. It’s an Amazing feeling and sight. To sum it up, I feel like God is My Chauffeur in a Phantom Rolls Royce or Bentley, I Am in the back seat cruising,  and We make pit stops at different places spittin’ Words of LIGHT, Wisdom, Courage and Motivation to the People who are hungry. He is the Driver… I just experience the Encounters of Life.  


When did you write your first book and how old were you?



I was 21 years old when My First Book was published. It was May 21, 2011. 




What do you like to do when you're not writing?



I Am a Free Spirit. I like to Enjoy what God Created. My comfort zone is just chilln’ at the house but I will go out when the urge arises lol. Hanging out with My real roll dawgs are the best though. Cracking jokes and just enjoying the Bond that We possess together. I Like to go out into the World and dive into the Consciousness of the Human Inhabitants. I know it may sound funny, but it’s real. We all operate on an Invisible level. The Mind is Invisible; but from Our Visible behaviors, We can get a Good Idea of what that Person’s Mental State is. I like to go to Bookstores, browse around and read. Interact with Humans that I don’t even know and see how Their Day is going or network about My Books and what I Am about. I like to go to the movies alone, lol. I really do. It’s so much fun to kick ya feet up, slurpie and a snickers, Doritos and hotdog, enjoying a good movie. I Am going to have an underground movie theater at My Home in the future, lol, Mos Def. I like to do a lot of things. I really like to hang out Beautiful-Minded People who are on Their Hustle to Make Their Dreams Come True. I also like to sit on a bench in an open green field with nice Sunny/Breeze weather. It Helps Me to think and Feel God’s Love. The Sun Beam and Light Breeze is God’s Way of Touching Us.  









What does your family think of your writing?


My Family supports My Writing. There are other Family Members who I wish showed more support but that’s Life and it is what it is. I cannot allow anyone to hinder My Dreams anymore; family or not. Period. We are all grown and some need to get over themselves because all I want to do is make something out of nothing for the World. Life is too short. I wish My Family was close like before, but I have learned to just let people be people and handle My Own Life. I Am on a Mission to Inspire the World and have worked waaaaay too hard and Endured Much to let a few unsupportive family members steal that from Me . It’s My Time. I can Feel it all in My Neurons. Lol. But the other Family Members show Me so much LOVE, it’s ridiculous. It feels really good because when Times were dark, Their Consistent Love gave me flickers of LIGHT to find My Way. I Thank God Daily. 




What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?



PATIENCE!! Lol… Seriously. I felt like these Words and My Thoughts HAD to get to the WORLD as QUICKLY as Possible. So I rushed getting it out there. The World is Hurting, yes but I was so in a rush to get this book out there that I had to keep making revisions and it was costing me more and more money for them to make the revisions for me each time. I should have proofread on my own more to save myself money. So I was upset that I had minor typos in Vol. 1 but I began to realize that People aren’t Perfect. We have Our Own “typos” about Us, but it’s the Content of Us that really matters. The Content of My Books will Transform the Inner Workings of Your Being. Real Talk. These Words do not ORIGINATE from ME!!! These WORDS just Flow To and Through Me. I Am only a Human SpeakerBox on a Mission to LIGHT UP THE WORLD!™



As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?



I wanted to be a Doctor. For some reason I always wanted to make sure People felt Well. Whether it was Me giving People hugs, helping with house work, running errands for others, talking about feelings, expressing My Own etc. in some way I felt as a Child that that was helping heal people. But through My Spiritual Walk, God has shown Me a Gift to actually help Heal People’s Insides. The Inside World of Their Being. To Plant Seeds of Encouragement, Inspiration, Motivation, Personal Testimonies, etc into the Hearts of the BrokenHearted. So I can view Myself as a Doctor of Words and Give Prescriptions of Wisdom to Transform the World, lol. Or Something of that Nature. 

Why did you become a Phi Beta  Sigma Man ?



I never thought I’d join a Fraternity. It didn’t cross My Mind growing up. I had viewed a few Step Shows on MTV when I was in junior high; but that was about it. During My 1st Year at UC Davis My Cousin introduced Me to his Friend that was a Sigma but I didn’t know it then. We hit it off and he would always make sure I was solid and well taken care of; helping Me with school, meeting new People and just having Someone who was ridiculously smart and intelligent, but enjoys life to the fullest. He was a 3rd Year graduating senior when we met; that was amazing because that’s not common, and a Black man. Come to find out, he was a Sigma and My interest sparked up about their Organization. Then I met the others MABs and they felt genuine and sincere about the well-being of another brother who they may not even know.  Sigmas were about their Business and Used the Tools available to Construct an Empire of Greatness. I began to realize I was already a Sigma at Heart way before I know who or what a Sigma was. I meshed right into its Principles and Motto. It did not change Me, only showed Me more Tools to Finish what I start and to Persevere. The connections I have made in the last 9 Months have been INSANE!!! God set up everything Perfectly. Blu Love is Pure. I Am with the Best Fraternity in the World. And I can’t forget about My Sorors..... They are Just as Amazing. BrotherSisterHood like None Other.  Two times the Power = Greater Results. I love My Organization. G.O.M.A.B Indeed. 

I crossed Fall 08, November 7, 2008, 3:17:05AM : 



“INSANE” LAMBDA KAPPA CHAPTER 

UC DAVIS

TAIL DAWG/ROCK

C2UB

SKA: BIG BROTHER BEAST MODE & BLULOSOPHY



What upcoming Projects are you working on professional and personal for your fan club members?



Well if I actually had some FANS then I would need to have a Fan Club created, but since I don’t have any FANS, I will have to continue on with My Mission and Purpose, and if I accumulate some Supporters then someone will be designated to create one for Me, lol. As far as My professional career, I don’t know. I am not even a “professional”...yet. What is that anyway? Lol.  I am just a Spirit in a Human Body on a Mission to Spark the Hearts of the Dim People of this World. To let them know that They have Dreams in Their Being that God planted in Them and it is Their DUTY to Release it to Save and LIGHT UP THE WORLD!™ I am moving to L.A. to live and continue this Mission. I have a few people in L.A. who are key to my soon to become “professional” career, lol, so it’s just a matter of Me moving in August and getting it CRACKIN’! lol. I am super juiced to utilize the Godly People that God appointed for the Betterment of My Success. It’s Beyond Belief and I Am So Ready to take that Center Stage and Roar the Words of Wisdom and Heart to the People who need it the Most. 





What type of words of wisdom would you tell young men of Phi Beta Sigma that are reading this interview.



Go Hard to the Paint. You are with the Best Fraternity in the World so why just sit back and not go after your DREAMS? It makes no sense. We only have 1LIFE2LIVE and Our Cause Must Speed on Its Way and the only way it will Speed is if we give it that Fuel that only a True Sigma Man can give. Band together and Do a Service for Humanity. The World is crumbling and the People’s Hopes and Faith are going along with it. We must do We were born to do and Uplift the Human Race. There is a Dream within You that God gave to You; specifically to YOU! You are in a Fraternity AND Sorority of People who can help Manifest Your Dream. Then You will be a Beacon of Light for Others. Kind of like a Band of Blu “Green Lanterns” lol. Also, if You see any male disrespecting the females, YOU need to STEP UP and check him Check him in a respectable manner, but let him know that’s not okay to abuse a woman or push up on her in anyway non-consensual. Women are of Great Value to the Planet and We can’t be down grading them with Our immature actions and lust. We all came from a Female and We could not want what we see done to other women by men, to our own mothers, grandmas, sisters, or aunties. Think about that. We are all connected and the more We hurt each Other, the more Our Society Silently kills its Own Heart. Wake Up Blu. 



What is your website ?



You can go to LifeMeds.Org or SirSwagSanders88.com

Also you can get both books on Amazon.com. Type in: Sergio Sanders



Tell us  briefly about the book.



LifeMeds™, Breakfast & Orange Juice: Vol 1   is a book of Words of Wisdom and Poetry.  I would be at on campus in class trying to listen to lectures and I’d be writing poetry (which would only take no more than 10mins) that would be about everyday concepts, feelings and circumstances but I would paint a story and give you LIGHT at the end of it; no matter if the concept was a negative one or not, I always made sure to leave the reader feeling like they read something interesting and insightful. Vol. 1 is full of God’s random wisdoms and poetry of my upbringing, feelings, life, etc. It will Mos Def leave you feeling full of substance, motivated and pushes you to dig deep within your own self to find your Inner Truths and Passions. LifeMeds™ are those wisdom “pills” to heal the Inner You; Spirit-moving Wisdom and Heartfelt Words to Evolve You. 



LifeMeds™, Breakfast & Orange Juice: Vol. 2  is a book of just Wisdom but it’s also in a journal entry structure. It’s the 42Day Trial Pack of Wisdom. We go on a Journey for 42Days (6wks) of “in your face” Wisdom to Speak to the Inner Spirit of Your Being. You are surely to be Transformed in six weeks. The Book is aimed to chisel away the “self” that society created and get to the True You, so You can Embrace Yourself and Shine Your Light Upon the World; as to Inspire Others to go after their Dreams as well. Vol.2 is more organized and structured, more of a direct purpose as compared to Vol. 1; I was just so ready to deliver My Thoughts to the World. Creating Vol. 2, I had a Book already under my belt and had a more precise aim as to what and how I wanted the Book to be.



 If You are someone out there who needs some Seeds of Motivation, Inspiration, Heartfelt Insight and Spark to Ignite Your Dreams that You put to the side, these are the Books for you. Even if You just want to discover the True You, these Books will indeed get You so much closer to Your Purpose than not reading them would. These Books have created a Life of their own and are really Transforming People’s Lives. It amazes me with all the positive feedback and love I get from soooooo many People of all creeds, sex, religions, SES, etc who tell Me how these Books have touched Their Lives in ways they can’t fully explain. One of My Readers even told Me how She used to take anti-depressant medication but after reading my Book, She had no need to take them anymore. I was so in awe, but it was the workings of God who did that, through Me to get to her. I know God has many more Blessings in store for Me and I Am so ready. He has given Me a Gift and I burn with Desire to continue to Release and Express it to the World. The Time is NOW to put your Gifts to use, because one day We won’t be able to use Them. We only have 1LIFE2LIVE to LIGHT UP THE WORLD!™. Thank You for reading this interview and I hope this gave you a peek into who I Am and what I Am about. God Bless and Never stop the Pursuit of the LIGHT! 



-Sergio Sanders (SunChaser YoungKing Sanders)

G.O.M.A.B







Credits -
Black and White photo and Vol 2 Book Cover Photo By:
Brittani Nicole Sensabaugh

Sigma International Calender Photo By:
Kurt Brown




No comments: